The purpose of these workshops is to serve as a whole guideline on food sustainability aimed at youth workers, in order ensure the application.
Organizing the 2 workshops for YOUTH WORKERS:
WS1.-The principles of sustainability in food production and ecological footprint
WS2.- Sustainable food consumption
In particular, the specific objectives of this workshops are:
- Capacity building of youth workers in the field of food sustainability to improve the impact of their work with the target disadvantaged youngsters
- Provide knowledge resources to youth workers to be able to identify weaknesses & strengths of local food systems and work accordingly
- Develop a methodology to assess the food system in the local context and behavioural attitude by target youngsters and families
- Assess the state-of-the-art of organic farming and food in the analysed regions & elaborate 4country reports with their correspondent SWOT analysis
- Develop a Handbook to serve as reference for youth workers and organisations working with youngsters in elation to food sustainability.
This task includes all the activities and workshops intended to provide capacitation to youth workers in the field of sustainable food. The topics intended to be tackled are: – Footprint of food production – The sustainability of the food chain – The SCA spaces: community gardening in urban areas – Organic gardening: the biointensive methodology and other techniques For addressing the above- mentioned issues, this task will comprise the following activities, carried out simultaneously in the participating countries:
– Training course I: The principles of sustainability in food production & consumption. How to assess sustainability in food. Methodology development.
– Training course II: The ecological footprint of food. Strategies for minimising the impact.